It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Disrespectful lie’: Anger grows over Trump’s claims about past presidents and fallen troops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Don't tell me the "anger" is coming from people who support NFL players disrespecting those who have died for our way of life.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Also, because of Trump, ISIS basically threw down their weapons and ran away from Raqqa.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: mOjOm

Yea, like they went so easy on Obama, remember?

How the GOP didn't obstruct? How there weren't massive Tea Party protests starting a month after the inauguration? How they didn't accuse him of going on an apology tour, run story after story about his golfing, travel expenses, etc.

Remember when the right-wingers didn't flip out about his gum chewing?

It's not like they accused him of being a Kenyan-born Chicago thug gay crypto-Muslim black power radical bastard son of an Indonesia cult leader who didn't actually attend college. They didn't didn't accuse him of killing gay lovers or say he was secretly sworn in on a Koran because his plan was to import 100 million Muslims as part of the Muslim Brotherhood plot to destroy America.

And they were totally hands off on the family. Nobody claimed he killed his own grandmother or said his wife was really a man. No conservative pundits ever talked smack about his children and there weren't theories that his real father was either Frank Davis, Malcom X or that Indonesian cult leader.

When it came to legislation, the media? Sorry, grass root protests did nothing. Damn straight there was protests, yet Obama pretty well ran things as he saw fit. If you don't see that, well, sobeit. A good half the country does.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Exactly. I mean Conservatives practically bent over backwards for Obama and let him run wild without ever saying a thing, right??? It's hard to think of anything negative being said about him at all. LOLOLOLOL

They were even super sweet and respectful to his Wife as well. Yep, always treated her with respect deserving of a Lady. LOLOL

That much sarcasm is almost too thick to get out without choking on it.

Actually, this reminds me of the time they all freaked out because Obama didn't properly salute one soldier who was standing there when he was getting off Air Force One. Obama had some coffee in his hand and just did a partial kind of salute. They freaked out and went on and on about what a disgrace he was to insult the entire military.

And that was just for a soldier standing there as he was exiting a plane. Not dead in a coffin or anything. But you'd have thought he'd pissed on a soldiers grave by the reaction.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Call the previous President as a comparison, Obama received mulligans almost daily.

Trump has had mulligans daily since he started his run for candidacy. His supporters give him a pass on basically everything, to the point it almost seems pathological
edit on 17-10-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: nwtrucker

Call the previous President as a comparison, Obama received mulligans almost daily.

Trump has had mulligans daily since he started his run for candidacy. His supporters give him a pass on basically everything, to the point it almost seems pathological

I can't think of a single POLITCAL issue that I disagree with Trump. Trump's Rhetoric seems the last resort for the left. I don't have any problem with that. Carry on, gentlemen.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wait for the rest of the story
I am sure 2 rag style media included it all , huh ?
The reason SoS Clinton and Obama attended the Benghazi victims was it was their fault those folks died...

More likely the only ones angered were the left that worship these types of buttwipes , glorified headlines , and incomplete or out of context articles.

edit on 10/17/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wait for the rest of the story
I am sure 2 rag style media included it all , huh ?
The reason SoS Clinton and Obama attended the Benghazi victims was it was their fault those folks died...

What rest of the story? That is the story, I dont even like Obama but its a fact he did on several occasions contact family members. Not only that he included the rest of the past presidency.

I can guarantee you Trump does no where NEAR what Bush did and continues to do for the troops, so for him to even make that statement is a lie of ridiculous proportion.

Hell even if that WAS the only reason Obama attended, it would STILL be a lie by Trump

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Just a reminder:

Donald Trump: 'I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters'

Also, Trump 'could shoot someone' and keep his support

Trump's right about one thing though- he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose most of his support. 45% say they would still approve of him even if he shot someone to 29% who say they would disapprove, and 26% who aren't sure one way or the other.

edit on 17-10-2017 by links234 because: poor formatting

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

From what I've read this evening, your information on the affair is incomplete.

As i say, if Trump was a black man he wouldn't have this trouble of raw hated sprouting up at the slightest excuse.
Why shouldn't he get the same breaks and slack that Obama received?

Burden of proof is on you to show its incomplete, why are you bringing race into this? You have something you want to tell us? Trying to race bait here?

What was your old ATS username cupcake, or are you one of David Brocks noobs?

Just joined today and already talking snip........

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Maybe steve is trolling the other side now? I thought it was strange as well, he just comes in talking like he's been here forever or something. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Trump: 'Ask General Kelly' if Obama called after son died in Afghanistan

Obama seemed to be pretty selective about who he called to give condolences. Politics as usual, it seems.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Aliensun

From what I've read this evening, your information on the affair is incomplete.

As i say, if Trump was a black man he wouldn't have this trouble of raw hated sprouting up at the slightest excuse.
Why shouldn't he get the same breaks and slack that Obama received?

Burden of proof is on you to show its incomplete, why are you bringing race into this? You have something you want to tell us? Trying to race bait here?

What was your old ATS username cupcake, or are you one of David Brocks noobs?

Just joined today and already talking snip........

Not at all, I have been a lurker since around 2010, I had an old account but it was random made up numbers to talk to join in a 1 thread convo. I dont have any more. Im not trolling anything simply stating my point of view, I can do that without being accused of anything right? what steve are we talking about?

I apologize if you think I have hijacked someone elses name

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: seeker1963

Maybe steve is trolling the other side now? I thought it was strange as well, he just comes in talking like he's been here forever or something. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

I have been here for a while, not everyone that decides to finally join is brand new here, people here have pretty much polarized themselves in "ATS Cannon" so to speak. I have seen many of you debate and , comically, go after each other for years. To me what is way cooler? Watching peoples opinions and positions evolve.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Don't tell me the "anger" is coming from people who support NFL players disrespecting those who have died for our way of life. exercising the rights our soldiers die to protect.

FTFY

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I disliked GW Bush as much as anyone, but:

Delilia O'Malley @DeliliaOMalley

.@realDonaldTrump When my brother was killed, Pres Bush listened while I screamed at him & then held me as I sobbed, you fat #ing liar.
https://
twitter.com/commondefense/
status/920004002087096322 

2:29 PM - Oct 16, 2017

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
it's amazing how trump lies, slanders, and passes the buck... and his supporters line up to cheer him on for being so refreshing, or give him pass after pass after pass because he's an old man and used to blunt talk and something something something...

can entire populations suffer from stockholm syndrome?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
it's amazing how trump lies, slanders, and passes the buck... and his supporters line up to cheer him on for being so refreshing, or give him pass after pass after pass because he's an old man and used to blunt talk and something something something...

Dunno but some people can think it's perfectly acceptable to vote and support a lunatic simply because it pisses off 'liberals'.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Trump to widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: 'He knew what he signed up for'

originally posted by: Konduit
Trump: 'Ask General Kelly' if Obama called after son died in Afghanistan

Obama seemed to be pretty selective about who he called to give condolences. Politics as usual, it seems.

Top General’s Grief Becomes Political Talking Point for Trump

Mr. Obama invited Mr. Kelly and his wife, Karen, to a breakfast for Gold Star families — those who have lost children in combat — at the White House in May 2011.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

I just find it suspiciously quiet after hes uttered a blatant lie, im a bit taken aback that a thread that is CLEARLY showing the truth of something, has less stars and flags than other threads that confirm bias.

I know I shouldnt be, but should this thread, were truth being the ultimate goal, be filled with people condemning such blatant lies and BS?

Im kind of disquieted by the ATS I thought I knew whose mantra use to be "Deny Ignorance" and instead embrace confirmation bias, not even as a fluke, but as a majority.

Seems some people cannot even be bothered to call the people they support out when they are wrong.

Time to re-evaluate your beliefs systems people if you refuse to comment just because you dont like the truth!!!!!
edit on 18-10-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join