It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Sorry, I will never believe in killing of innocent children

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I already do, but thanks for assuming I did not already

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
The parties didn't switch the way it is portrayed by the left. The Republicans shifted a bit to the left from where they were in those days...

Do you know the history of the Bull Moose Party and it's origins and founder?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Me either. Like here in Idaho. The lawmakers have passed many laws the last couple of years against women's bodies. Then they passed a religious law that Mormons can let their children die from curable illnesses. There was one family that let 3 of their young children die. That's how the religious law came to be. So people like that can't be prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Logarock

I don't file forms to avoid taxes in the guise of free speech. We have the right to free speech already. I don't agree with tax dodging for any church, foundation, party.

Your comparison of adults bedroom activities and the persecution of rich folks, says a lot about conservatives mind set.

Trying to quantify oppression and persecution says quite a bit about anyones mindset.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

It didn't help with the fact that it was conservative southerners who lead the opposition against desegregation at both the State and Federal level during the 60s.

It's a fact of history that all of those States and their State legislatures who enforced Jim Crow laws were historically and still are conservative red states today.

OK, we'll do just one. This hit piece doesn't even deserve that but you seem to need the attention.

You are equating apples with bananas. There weren't southern conservatives opposed to this? There weren't northern conservatives at all? Answer those 2 questions HONESTLY and you'll see how silly your attempt at denigrating conservatives is.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you for mentioning it, really peaked my curiosity. Theodore Roosevelt's Party. It's too bad that the Bull Moose Party did not catch on. Some of it's ideologies would represents a vast number of American voters who lies in the Center now.
edit on 15-10-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

When you say laws "against womens bodies" do you mean abortion? All pro choice people that cry a woman has the right to choose what happens to her body conveniently leave out the other human body involved(the baby) where is its right? When you get pregnant it is no longer about just the woman anymore, there is now another human life involved.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Don't waste your breath.
It's been tried.

The way I understand it, any women that are forced to have the baby will surely neglect the child or be relegated to live off of welfare.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It makes me sad that, as a society, we accept this

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

I don't file forms to avoid taxes in the guise of free speech. We have the right to free speech already. I don't agree with tax dodging for any church, foundation, party.

Your comparison of adults bedroom activities and the persecution of rich folks, says a lot about conservatives mind set.

What could it say? What could I be saying except you have more privacy in your bedroom by any measure. I was referring to organizations that Obama but the IRS dogs on for the purpose of intimidating political speech.

Besides for all the rhetoric show me a literal case of bed room spying of sexual conduct. We know for a fact Obama was trying to silence political foes.
edit on 15-10-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Don't waste your breath.
It's been tried.

The way I understand it, any women that are forced to have the baby will surely neglect the child or be relegated to live off of welfare.

And therein lies the problem. Maybe people should mind their own business.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Wrong side of history?

You mean like liberals / DNC were against ending slavery or that they are the party that founded the KKK?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Don't waste your breath.
It's been tried.

And therein lies the problem. Maybe people should mind their own business.

It's not the mothers business some people are worried about...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I know there is no penetrating that philosophy of ownership of another's body. Just like the power Jim Crowe laws have been hard for conservatives to let go.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It doesn't matter WHO'S business ya'll are up in. One should take care of their own. And it's not like your interference is going to amount to anything. This was decided 45 years ago. Anything now is just noise in the wind.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I know there is no penetrating that philosophy of ownership of another's body. Just like the power Jim Crowe laws have been hard for conservatives to let go.

Well by god it would be nice if you strident in this case could extend it out to anything that belongs to anyone. Like property otherwise, income ect all subject to government interference. Only hear the harp brought out for women, when the discussion shifts to unborn babies. Quite a bit more important than property or income anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'll use that argument in all the gun threads

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

I'll use that argument in all the gun threads

You're welcome. IDK why that is an issue as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Oh man that's awesome!

History is as simple as a right side and a wrong side.

Shoot, why should we even bother writing history books anymore? We can just make a big chart with two columns. Put folks in one or the other. No Neo-Marxism here. No way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join