It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There was nothing wrong with the Primaries which are administered by the States themselves.

Bernie is and has been an Independent and should have run as such. THAT might have made a difference in the election.

No argument there.

If the parties didn't collude to exclude, he may have felt empowered to do just that.

Of course, i'd want Sanders only marginally more than Trump. So it still wouldn't be much of a win from where i stand. In fact, if he could enact his policies it would be terrible.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Conservatives understand things. When a guy comes a long, not from libtard Hollywood, but from respectable Reality TV land, and he stirs up anger and division everywhere he goes, encouraging violence, attracting all the hate groups, antagonizing everyone with insults and disrespect... You vote that guy President of the United States.

I think the majority of DJT's votes came from people who weren't voting for him, but were voting against Hillary. Especially after Hillary took the hose to Sanders and screwed him out of the nomination.

Had the DNC not played dirty with the primaries, we all could have been spared from Agent Orange as president.

Ah yes, conservatives weighed the choices and out of all the options, and inbetween the "lock her up"s and the cheering for torture, they said.... "I've thought long and hard and I'm going to vote for the guy who only brings anger and conflict through blatant childish insults and disrespect, encourages violence, and brags that you can grab women by their p*ssy."

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yeah, 2016 was the year we should have listened to Lewis Black's recommendation about electing a President.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Gotta say, the fearlessness to completely ignore all the findings of all the U.S Intelligence agencies— to just wave a hand at all of it and call it alll fake news. And their ability to ignore all the findings and consensus of all the climate scientists around the world... it’s a rare thing... and to hear a guy running for president say about a POW who was tortured, “he’s a hero because he was caught, I like people who don’t get caught” — and have the balls to vote that guy to be president.

Conservatives.... Amazingly bottomless. History will surely remember them....

edit on 18-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: face23785

Nothing at all false about OP's claims.

Tell me can you find that they mentioned "Democrats" in their post at all?

The magical switcharoo.

Didnt they post algore senior on the wrong side of history as a democrat earlier in the thread? If true you dont presume in one generation there was mass change.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Gotta say, the fearlessness to completely ignore all the findings of all the U.S Intelligence agencies— to just wave a hand at all of it and call it alll fake news. And their ability to ignore all the findings and consensus of all the climate scientists around the world... it’s a rare thing... and to hear a guy running for president say about a POW who was tortured, “he’s a hero because he was caught, I like people who don’t get caught” — and have the balls to vote that guy to be president.

Conservatives.... Amazingly bottomless. History will surely remember them....

Mass migration of hundreds of thousands unvetted. Many ISIS recruits, just because it was politically correct.

Massive quantities of migrants from mexico, whom Ive heard show several fold the homicide rate and lower wages below living by working below minimum wage.

Orchaestrated censorship of monopolistic entities online like google and facebook. Even during the election attempts to deplatform opposing views.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's true though, "conservatives" are anti-change...

And change is inevitable.

IMO "conservatives" enjoy being victims. They seem to enjoy bitching, moaning and projecting onto others for attention.

Projection: how the most anti-gay and homophobic people surprisingly turn out to be closeted homosexuals themselves. I see projection all over Fox News and ATS with so-called "conservatives".

They hate weak "snowflakes" but turn out to be the biggest snowflakes of all. They preach "personal freedom" but seem to want to legislate our bodies and minds with THEIR "approved" religion(s).

Thankfully we have a robust legal system. If we didn't...I'm fully confident we'd have ISIS-like "christian conservative" groups committing executions like in Saudi Arabia.
edit on 18-10-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumJunkie

just don't need a R or a D to think a bill is good or not. I lean conservative on most issues.

So that means GOP. ok.

i just understand that the little letter by their names

The OP makes no mention of Republican or Democrat. It does focus on conservativism and the barriers conservatives, in particular conservative red states and their state officials, have put up against basic freedoms for all Americans. More recently it was Gay marriage. Conservative legislatures and politicians, like Sessions, have also make an effort to oppose legalization of MJ.... telling people they can't make their own decisions and take responsibility.

WE have had GOP people be OK with gun bans. To me this is unacceptable.

You see, you only expose yourself further when you use terms like "gun bans" to argue your point. Who has been pushing to ban guns? What on earth are you talking about? You mean gun control which is not the same as "gun bans".

I am a registered republican.

Oh that was apparent to me already.

But I am more of a Constitutionalist.

I take it you're a Ron Paul and Rockwell constitutionist right? Yea.

I'll just stick with discussing issues

Yet since you've posted in this thread you haven't addressed any issues. The OP lists a number of issues over the last 70 years that were opposed by conservative groups and government. Major issues that marked major social changes and turning points in this nation. You haven't countered any of those points.

Why is that?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

It wasnt just conservatives. There were plenty from the liberal base that voted for Trump, or just didnt vote for Hillary.

I didnt vote for him....but dont see that comment as anything other than a crude jerk making crude jerk small talk. You can keep pointing out what he said....if it didnt matter the first hundred times though, itll only make it look like a dead horse is being beaten.

Im more interested in what he does...not says. And tbh, hes completely underwhelming thus far.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm just pointing out the brilliance of conservatives to not see the obvious. I'm pointing out that whether they are in power or not, they seem to have a real knack for finding the wrong side of history and defending it endlessly.

The dead horse is their moral code. And you're right... there appears to be nothing that will get it to move and rise and become something meaningful again. The only rise I see coming from conservatives is this rising tide of racist white nationalism, and this bizarre ignorance toward facts.

edit on 19-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Interesting how you changed Democrats into Conservatives. Slick.

I was thinking the same thing while reading this. LOL Thanks for pointing that out so I didn't have to.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Seems to be a common problem. That is why the OP didn't use democrat or republican they can both be conservatives.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'm just pointing out the brilliance of conservatives to not see the obvious. I'm pointing out that whether they are in power or not, they seem to have a real knack for finding the wrong side of history and defending it endlessly.

The dead horse is their moral code. And you're right... there appears to be nothing that will get it to move and rise and become something meaningful again. The only rise I see coming from conservatives is this rising tide of racist white nationalism, and this bizarre ignorance toward facts.

Ill remind you that Orwell clarified that "fact" and "truth" are not mutually exclusive, especially when "lie by omission" occurs. And that is a good portion of what you hear in "the news".

I'd also remind you that you are basing your view of conservatives on the squeaky wheels that "the news" loves to put on camera. Its not representative of the whole by any stretch. A good indicator of this is that we don't have 150mil stories about Nazi's each year, and since the US is roughly half "conservative", i would expect to see at least 100mil reports of racist white nationalists. Since we aren't, i can only assume that you have (inadvertently or not) applied a broad brush based on the small sample you are actually aware of.

The same can be said about the lunatic left, and how very, very few of the "liberal" folks I know even resemble the freakshow that we see online and on TV.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

What difference?

Give me an example. I'd be curious on your view.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join