It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Justice Warriors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
These must be the same people I've seen driving around with the US flag flying from the beds of their trucks in any weather. Battle Trucks I call em. Maybe they're going to a Kiss concert to say the pledge with Gene and Paul, I dunno. Yeah, this America and America 1776 are so different they may as well be different countries.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Nickn3
Perhaps it's all about perspective. If MSM didn't feed the flames of division we wouldn't have to care about the player of NFL or whether or not the NG and DOD paying them to show respect for their country. But they do feed the flames and just like last election it becomes a polarizing event.

Are you saying that the media should simply ignore it...thereby no need to discuss it. I guess if they did ignore all, the complaints would be the same...for ignoring it.

I'm saying COLIN KAEPERNICK started this and the MSM piled on. It became a banner event for people who have no dignity or show no respect for the solemn occasion of the playing of the National Anthem. It's simple from my prospective, either show respect for the flag, the county and elected leadership or behave as a piss poor citizen, with no dignity and no class or no self respect. I won't apologize for how I feel. At my age it's just who I am, and I sure as hell earned my opinion.
edit on 8-10-2017 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Perhaps it's all about perspective. If MSM didn't feed the flames of division we wouldn't have to care about the player of NFL or whether or not the NG and DOD paying them to show respect for their country. But they do feed the flames and just like last election it becomes a polarizing event.

Are you saying that the media should simply ignore it...thereby no need to discuss it. I guess if they did ignore all, the complaints would be the same...for ignoring it.

I'm saying COLIN KAEPERNICK started this and the MSM piled on. It became a banner event for people who have no dignity or show no respect for the solemn occasion of the playing of the National Anthem. It's simple from my prospective, either show respect for the flag, the county and elected leadership or behave as a piss poor citizen, with no dignity and no class or no self respect. I won't apologize for how I feel. At my age it's just who I am, and I sure as hell earned my opinion.

Why do you suppose the national anthem is a solemn occasion?

Also, it is interesting that you speak of respect for elected leaders, given you wrote this once upon a time:

a reply to: AboveBoard

Its easer to betray a man [Obama] if you have no respect for him.

The thing is, I don't see the flag as something inherently deserving respect; that treads dangerously close to idol territory from my Christian point of view. We are all deserving of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; to that end, I believe as an American that people can act as they want as long as it doesn't harm others.

The moment that an act harms another is where that ends. There is no harm here; onlookers getting upset about a harmless act does not meet that threshold.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
it is so simple really but the media pushes the complicated lie.

The flag represents the people who died so that all people could be be free to pursue happiness and the hope of a future for ones descendants . A chance at happiness that in other lands and throughout the history of Earth was not allowed the 'commoners'. The American's in the 18th Century grabbed the brass ring.

Now the 'old masters' want their fiefdoms back.

to that I say a hearty

HELL NO!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The thing is, I don't see the flag as something inherently deserving respect; that treads dangerously close to idol territory from my Christian point of view. We are all deserving of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; to that end, I believe as an American that people can act as they want as long as it doesn't harm others. 

If I may ask,

Why do you have the ability to express your Christian point of view?

Why are you deserving of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

Why do you have the ability to believe that people can act as they want as long as it doesn't harm others?

What was it that made all of this possible?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 9-10-2017 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

If I may ask,

Why do you have the ability to believe that people can act as they want as long as it doesn't harm others?

There is no King in the United States; there is no benevolent ruler who grants us these rights. They exist in that they are recognized. It is a self-evident truth that all are endowed with these rights. Were it not true, people would not fight and die to reclaim these rights across history. This is my answer to all of these.

This is what led to the American Revolution; the intolerable conduct by the British against the colonies suppressed these rights, which could not stand. Their rebellion grew in severity with ever-increasing oppression, and their success inspired others across the world to do likewise.

I but stand on the shoulder of giants - those who have fought and died so that We the People could enjoy these unalienable rights free of oppressive government for as long as we can continue to hold it at bay.

Woe unto us that government has spread so much, that nationalism has taken such deep root, that We the People significantly turn to revere a cloth and a song rather than the foresight and industry of our founders. Symbolic patriotism is empty and shallow; a fitting vehicle by which nationalism pervades the consciousness of a nation.

Nationalism itself did not exist until relatively recently; so too is the idea that the flag should be revered:

Assigning more to a colored piece of cloth than that it identifies a group is treading towards idolatry. It's one reason I left a church that had a 'Christian Flag' - one that they would pledge loyalty to; horrifying, that.

Being patriotic is not about how many flags one flies or how reverently one behaves in front of a flag, but about how one upholds the values of their nation. First and foremost amongst the amendments to the Constitution is this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The first step to being a patriot is to know the values of this country - the principles that guide it - not the decor.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Something that has irked me recently are these America Justice Warriors.

These thin-skinned individuals cry and complain about every little thing that offends them, saying (for example) how it's disrespectful to their country for professional football players to kneel instead of stand for the national anthem.

Seems to me the 'Made America Great' crowd are the thin signed ones aways whining about how oppressed they are.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Funny how you use the sport thing as a prop, to promote an agenda different from the one they are prompting to begin with.

You're just as bad as "they" are as far as I'm concerned. And people wonder apparently how some of the latest trends in America have become so ever popular..

So "social justice warrior" has been in vogue recently, is America Justice Warrior or ajw, whatever, now a new thing? Or just something you concocted in your head? Is it the same or the exact opposite of "social justice warriors"?

Like an ant with a crown people parade these terms around thinking themselves smart or clever. The fake talking points of the politicians have filtered down to the real people.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

And we don't give a rats what you facists think either.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Something that has irked me recently are these America Justice Warriors.

Well something that has irked me recently is a bunch of spoiled Millionaire football players with the IQ of a second coat of paint talking about how "oppressed" they are, and what a "racist" country they live in.

Nevermind that said country is the only one in the world that will pay these idiots millions of dollars to throw around a pigskin.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

If I may ask,

There is no King in the United States; there is no benevolent ruler who grants us these rights. They exist in that they are recognized. It is a self-evident truth that all are endowed with these rights. Were it not true, people would not fight and die to reclaim these rights across history. This is my answer to all of these.

This is what led to the American Revolution; the intolerable conduct by the British against the colonies suppressed these rights, which could not stand. Their rebellion grew in severity with ever-increasing oppression, and their success inspired others across the world to do likewise.

I but stand on the shoulder of giants - those who have fought and died so that We the People could enjoy these unalienable rights free of oppressive government for as long as we can continue to hold it at bay.

Woe unto us that government has spread so much, that nationalism has taken such deep root, that We the People significantly turn to revere a cloth and a song rather than the foresight and industry of our founders. Symbolic patriotism is empty and shallow; a fitting vehicle by which nationalism pervades the consciousness of a nation.

Nationalism itself did not exist until relatively recently; so too is the idea that the flag should be revered:

Assigning more to a colored piece of cloth than that it identifies a group is treading towards idolatry. It's one reason I left a church that had a 'Christian Flag' - one that they would pledge loyalty to; horrifying, that.

Being patriotic is not about how many flags one flies or how reverently one behaves in front of a flag, but about how one upholds the values of their nation. First and foremost amongst the amendments to the Constitution is this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The first step to being a patriot is to know the values of this country - the principles that guide it - not the decor.

Ever hear the phrase, "THIS..... IS..... SPARTA!!"?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
With all the divisiveness going on in the US, I think we should all just pause for a bit on this holiday.

Happy Columbus Day!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What so many are throwing away is the way our Constitution established that fairness would be the approach to each individual. In a world full of Kings and dictators who take what they want and kill who is in their way, America is a place to escape from oppression. The so called whining about oppression is certainly not from the moderates or the right leaning voters. The right is pointing out that we the people WERE oppressed throughout the entirety of history and we WILL BE AGAIN, if we conform to the wishes of Antifa, BLM, KKK, and ISIS lovers.

The goal has always been to reel in the American hope of freedom for all.

edit on 9-10-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Why do you suppose the national anthem is a solemn occasion?

Also, it is interesting that you speak of respect for elected leaders, given you wrote this once upon a time:

a reply to: AboveBoard

Its easer to betray a man [Obama] if you have no respect for him.

The moment that an act harms another is where that ends. There is no harm here; onlookers getting upset about a harmless act does not meet that threshold.
It's what the flag represents. And like I've said before if you don't like the national anthem why not just boycott everybody's you know like atbthe Olympus ya know Russia's anthem and Italy's to name two
Prominent ones. The hatred for America is just phenomenal. And supposedly intelligent people don't understand the meaning of symbology. Ya know ya ever see those little signs that have pictures of leaping deers? What do you think those signs mean and why do we have them?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So you are taking what you believe to be fact and interpreting it in the way that fits your beliefs?

Nationalism started when this nation was born. In relative terms this nation did not exist until recently.

This nation was born of people, my ancestors that wanted freedom from another countries influence. Freedoms that were granted once independence was won from the oppression of outside influences and control.

These freedoms and beliefs were instituted by our forefathers who themselves had a great pride and believed that the nation that they fought for was the right course of action in the making of a free nation.

This is where the American Natonalism began.

nationalism definition. The strong belief that the interests of a particular nation-state are of primary importance. Also, the belief that a people who share a common language, history, and culture should constitute an independent nation, free of foreign domination.

www.dictionary.com...

Without a strong belief in this nation brought to us by our forefathers one could not enjoy the freedoms that we fortunately get to enjoy on a daily basis.

Our flag is a symbol of the freedoms we get to enjoy, it is a symbol of what our forefathers went through to get us to this point in history in which we can enjoy the freedom of expression, freedom of religious beliefs, and the freedom that is granted by our constitution free of outside governments influence.

When one salutes the flag or waves the flag it is a gesture of remembrance and respect of what our nation stands for permitted by the constitution of the United States of America.

One does not need to idolize a flag to pay respect and tribute as to what it stands for.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Twist reality up all you like kid... You brainwashed liberal nazis have lost and you will keep losing. Its over, your racist anti white man anti american agenda has failed.

And now we are coming for you

hide

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

It's a modern phenomena. Not a recent one, a modern one.

That's the point of the Op.

I could wear my shoes on my hands, I could claim everyone should do this before they shower. It symbolises how no matter how slippy the road our hands will provide the added grip to stop us falling.

It's still a made up act.

Idolising the flag, Christianity and the pledge, all relatively new in comparison to the founding of the United States.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm not American, so this counts for nothing. But I'd call you a true patriot.

200 years ago, if I had any resemblance to the person I am today, I'd have been one of the first to want to settle America. I also fully believe that the states were founded for individuals. That the sovereignty of a person far outweighs that of his or her nation.

For if the people cannot be free then neither can a nation. If a human being cannot live naturally nor follow the instincts that come naturally, then the human cannot be free. Neither shall the nation the person resides in.

A note that struck me, is your Idolising comment. Funny how nobody addresses this, I assume deep down they know it isn't right... One of the main reasons I cannot call myself a Christian is due to the hypocrisy I often see.

The flag is just a representation, it's a piece of cloth. An inanimate object. In terms of representation, a begger on the street should hold more weight than a piece of cloth. Because : human.

A nation can exist without a flag, it cannot exist without citizens. And as a point, a sovereign human being, begger or not; is less revered than a piece of inanimate cloth.

See the comments?

You've struck a nerve, you commie you!

Excellent thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

If MSM didn't feed the flames of division we wouldn't have to care about the player of NFL or whether or not the NG and DOD paying them to show respect for their country.

Small correction - if TRUMP didn't feed the flames of division.. it wouldn't be a thing. It wasn't a thing.. until he did. Now it's a big thing.. because Trump wanted it to be a big thing. If you don't see something wrong with a sitting President trying to force people to stand at attention during the national anthem, I really don't what to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join